Senior Fitness Motivation comes before the physical training sessions

You heard it and so have I, the call to start to live an active life resonates in the ears of elders from all directions. But, before that, we can take positive steps in this direction, we must have the motivation to do so. I found this motivation is not always easy to come - by and I would be willing to bet that the difficulty of finding the will to begin the active way of life is an older obstacle never overcome.

We have all seen images and testimonies of sixty-year-old man who now runs marathons and the wife of fifty years who plays every day of tennis, but let us be, these people do not represent the vast majority of the elderly. I know that they sure are probably not you and me either. Yes, the elderly have been and now enjoy all the benefits of life active; and, of course they serve as excellent models for us. However, to see these people or reading their subject is rarely sufficient for we place and outside the sofa.

You see, we play a game of mind and the only player in the game is ourselves. You and I are our own worst enemy when it comes to getting our internal psychology working for us instead of against us.

Thus, before we ever start a physical attack on the difficulties of getting older, we need individually obtain our own mental attitude in a positive State. We have to really start believing in us once more, as we did when we were twenty-five and in the world was at our feet. Remember this old saying on the power of positive thinking. It works.

You and I are now, but we have not finished. We are not dead. We still have a good life to live, and we must believe it.

Listen to me, you and I have valuable experience to offer this world. We lived and learned, and still have a responsibility to ourselves and to those who came after us, teach and practise what we know. Believe this and believe in yourself and then and then only, you have to start personal motivation to achieve your highest physical body. Overcoming addiction. You are master of your life and captain of your soul. Read the poem Invictus. Nobody can get your inner motivation going in a positive sense other than yourself. It is true that others can and will make the call to action for you, but that one person can change the way your mind defines you and you know who that is without a doubt.

Think about it. I know that you will discover your value and with it your reason to get motivated Interior. Our lives are no more. Let not our years later doing the unthinkable nothing.

Let's get our minds right now. There is not a moment to lose.

I am a retired school teacher sixty-seven years. I know how it feels older and begin to feel our esteem self-esteem fade with a past distance of our lives, but I really think that I still have lots of time learning and teaching to accomplish in my life. By helping others, I hope to help me so. Come visit with me to
http://www.grmseniorfitness.com/

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=GR_Massey

GR Massey - EzineArticles Expert Author

View the original article here


Category Article , , , , , , ,

What's on Your Mind...