Kicking Butt still at the age of 100

"I'll still be kicking butt when I'm 100 years old!

OK, so it was not one of our official marriage vows. But I constantly remind my beautiful wife Maggie of this promise, a few times a week at least. You see, not even a year and a half earlier, that these words seemed very unlikely that I lies unconscious in the hospital, breath for each breath as tubes sucé all kinds of my lungs airway mucus and fluid.

Fast forward to today and you find me at the age of 57 successfully exercise my way through the TV-famous workout of madness. Apparently there is power in words - not so in the words themselves, but in the intention and emotion choirs. Since I was diagnosed with chronic lymphocytic leukemia in April 1999, I have maintained a very strong, even rebel attitude my date of departure from this earthly Kingdom. Absolutely, I refuse to accept the prognosis of the doctor (aka death sentence) that more that probably I would live to see my 60th birthday. Instead I replace it with my objective in the long term to interrupt and "still kicking butt" when I am 100.

The Long and Winding Road to recovery

My road to recovery in 2010 has been long and slow. It took a full seven months until I could even walk around the block without having to stop to catch my breath. And I coughed nonstop for the entire year as my lungs fought to recover from viral infection that claims about my life.

Nevertheless, I began to progressed me to exercise more and more as the year. In October 2010, I was in the staircase running in my condo 22 story building something, I had not managed to do for almost 18 months. Each week, I saw progress it took less time to complete a circuit. Soon I was running two and then three circuits up and down the 22-storey, eventually get my total time below 18 minutes!

It wasn't until February 2011 as I coughed my last cough. At this time I am adding weight to my daily workout schema, using a combination of bands Bodylastics resistance and free weights and chin up bar in the gymnasium of our building. The more I have, I was more able to do. I was more able to do, more I wanted to do. I was on my way to my dream of kicking butt at the age of 100 years!

One night while channel surfing, I caught the infomercial for the training of madness. It is supposed to be the hardest ever made available on DVD training series. I knew that I had to see just how I measured. To date, I finished 24 of 63 days in the program. I'm finally on the dreaded stiffness and pain derails many - if not most - people during the first 2-3 weeks. And the change of my physical appearance is such that even Maggie is noticed - and I added for my efforts! How cool is that?

Step one bread

Of course, there is no step that one thing in particular that I can point to remarkable physical recovery. It is more like the three main sectors - exercise, Nutrition and mental attitude. Thus, it is essential to maintain the balance in all departments. Fight in a same segment can have adverse effect on the progress and the satisfaction of achieving slow and impractical. I will continue to explore the six areas of life, as noted by Paul j. Meyer in his wheel of life / Total Concept of person as follows:

Family and of HomeFinancial CareerPhysical and of HealthMental and of EducationalSpiritual and of EthicalSocial and cultural

Aim for balance in your own wheel will add quality years to your life. You, too can be kicking butt when you're 100 years. I know you're gonna Love that sense.


View the original article here


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...